Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aimie’s Aprons

So I am starting a new venture! I am making kids aprons!
My kids LOVE to help in the kitchen. They LOVE to be my my "sous-chef" and help me make dinner, dessert, or any sort of thing that requires using kitchen utensils. This usually entails getting messy. I have over the years spent various amounts of money purchasing aprons for the girls, and we have received various aprons as gifts. None have lived up to the task of protecting the girls clothing from spills and looked cute at the same time.

Last year, my mom bought the girls some VERY cute aprons and I was very hopeful that we had finally found a winner. I was very perplexed when she brought them home and I found that the neck strap was not the standard round 'over the head' strap you usually see, but two straps that I had to tie. When I asked why, I was told that it was because kids heads are so out of proportion to their body, that when you buy a regular apron, the neck strap has to be large enough to go over their head. This results in making the chest part reach down to the kids belly button. Aha! Now I understand what was wrong with the many other aprons I had purchased in the past! Unfortunately for this set of cute aprons, tying the neck straps IS NOT the answer - this just makes it more difficult for the parent to put the apron on the child AND to make matters worse, the neck straps were too short! :(

This put me on a quest to find a perfect apron! Well several months later and several aprons later (no I didn't buy any more - just kept a mental tally) I have come up with what in my mind is the PERFECT kids apron!!

I will be selling them for $15 each or 2 for $25.  Let me know if you would like one!  I have the following ones available now, or I can custom make one for any color you like!

 

4 aprons

Some of my cute aprons so far!

button

Each apron waist band has a button closure - you can adjust the placement of the button to make the waist fit smaller if you need to.

elastic

These neck straps have elastic in them - this means that the neck strap will fit over the child's head and the apron part will still cover the child's chest!

buttoning apron

The kids can put the aprons on ALL BY THEMSELVES!

reverse checker apron

checker apron

All of the aprons are reversible!

brown dots apron

reverse blue dots apron

         reverse stripe apronAllison & Chloe’s aprons are size L (fit ages 7 – 10) stripe apron

pink apron IMG_5646

    Catie & Mary’s aprons are size M (fit ages 4 – 6)

4 comments:

  1. So cute Amy! I have 2 boys, age 3 and 5. If you could do 1 with trains and 1 with race cars...I'd be set...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara - I got some race cars and trains fabrics!!! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on a quest for an apron for my 3-year-old who refuses to wear bibs, but is still very messy. Do you make any smaller than 4-6, or do you think that one would fit her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle -
    Sorry it took me so long to respond!
    I do make sizes smaller than 4-6, I actually have a size that fits a 3 yr old perfectly and is a GREAT alternative to a bib! email me at aimiesaprons@gmail.com and we can talk about it!!
    Aimie

    ReplyDelete